Thursday, January 6, 2011

Making Progress

Day 4 and I'm noticing some trends. I have a really hard time getting in that 3rd meal. For the last 2 days, I've looked up at the clock, noticed I'm late and popped a few nuts in my mouth. This is plenty to tide me over to dinner with the fam. I hope it's not screwing up my progress too much. The upside is that I normally have cravings for Dr. Pepper or something sweet in the early afternoon.  I did cheat twice yesterday, but not from a craving or hunger. It was more out of convenience and me justifying that the cheats were too tiny to be significant. But I realize that's a slippery slope, so  not going there today. Only 2 more days until i can gorge at wanton abandon! My cheats were 1 square of a Ritter chocolate bar (there were 2 sitting on the counter) and a spoonful of chocolate almond butter. This was a great find at Whole Foods. I got it for the kids, as a healthier replacement for the Nutella they love. It was a hit! Brand is "Jason's."

Another bad trend is that I have slowed up on my water drinking. Why is this so hard for people!? I like water, especially with the squirts of lemon I've been adding. I must just get busy. Having a glass handy wherever I'm at helps. I should put a few bottles in the car, or even one in my purse.

A good trend forming is the weight loss! I should NOT be weighing myself and the scale is not the best indicator of progress, but I just want a little peek each morning. It's motivating. I'll do all the measurements for the week in 2 more days. If this little trend continues, it's shaping up to be a great first week!

No comments:

Post a Comment