Monday, January 3, 2011

Here I go!

So, read many pages of Tim Ferris' Four Hour Body over the last week while I ate, drank and was merry. I don't feel like I have a total handle on what exactly I should do, but I am sure I have enough to make a difference. I took a trip to Whole Foods yesterday and started the program today.

Took total inches yesterday and was shocked at my waist! I am pretty sure that is what size jeans my husband wears. Reading what Tim wrote about waist to hip ratio, I am feeling pretty unattractive!

L Arm: 11.75"
R Arm: 11.75"
Waist: 34.75"
Hips: 38.75"
L Leg: 21"
R Leg: 21.25"

Now for the weight and body fat %. This was the most shocking. I went to visit my bestie in New York in November and we were sympathizing with each other about how we had both hit 140 lbs! That usually has us whipping ourselves back into shape quickly. I knew I had let things go over the holidays - been eating out a LOT and consuming large portions. But the 146.6 on the scale this morning has lit a fire under me! I know some of that is water, because I attempted to follow Tim's protocol of drinking 50 oz of water, waiting 30 min, then peeing, then weighing. I couldn't drink that much - probably only hit 30oz and I couldn't wait that long to pee. Body fat percentage was a whopping 39.1%. I know that's probably inflated, as the scale I'm using is not the best way to measure, but I will use that same tool and try to follow the same protocol each time I weigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment